Purpose:Planning the flow of finished goods from global origin factories to the North America Fulfillment Centers or directly to customers ensuring on time in full (OTIF) availability of products to our Wholesale and Direct to Consumer channels. Implementing the right measures to guarantee a smooth and cost efficient inbound process against regionally set priorities.
- Responsible for the flow of goods at origin (factory to shipment) and/or destination (in transit to receipt) into the NAM distribution centers.
- Manage flow by priority and necessity based on availability and DC capacity
- Understand and able to report number of shipments in-transit and status’s
- Analyze and divert shipments based on demand shifts or DC capacities
- Work cross-functionally across the supply chain to achieve on time availability of goods
- Secure smooth collaboration with all colleagues and external parties on all interfaces
- Present in regular meetings with DC Operations and share availability projections, outlooks on inbound performance, priorities and expectations
- Analyze Inbound forecasts in line with carrier/forwarder allocations and DC intake/inventory capacities, and be able to challenge and recommend solutions to manage peak months and critical situations
- Participate in management of special business processes (e.g. Never Out Of Stock, Launch Management etc.) with the order fulfillment view
- Monitor outstanding/incomplete supply and push suppliers via Purchasing to hand over products to the carrier as well as monitoring forwarder cargo receipt status.
- Inform markets on supply or transportation issues impacting availability
- Complete pre-advices in a timely manner, ensuring containers are consolidated to maximize container fill (and potential direct containers are packed in line with specific customer requirements) and also meet prioritization needs
- Report on open POs in transit and prioritize for intake according to IPI, allocation coverage and distribution center capacity
- Measure the performance of inbound shipments against the expected lead times.
- Ensure data quality in systems to reflect correct information for seamless receiving
- Measure carrier quality and performance and provide feedback to Global Logistics and DC Operations teams
- Participate in regional projects with the goal to represent the inbound planning requirements of NAM Order Fulfillment
- NAMSCM Functions (Product Supply, Order Book Management, Customer Service, Inventory Management, Distribution Planning, Deployment, Analytics, DC Operations, Transportation)
- Direct to Consumer functions (Retail and eCommerce)
- Global Logistics
- SCM Reporting
- Global IT
- 4PL and Control Tower
- Process Harmonization
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Working experience in international and cross-functional teams
- Good overall knowledge of supply chain mechanics and flow of goods from sourcing to customer
- Operational and project management skills
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning, organization and delegation skills
- Strong and clear communication skills
- Strong reporting & analytical skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent, preferably with a focus in supply chain management; alternatively, equivalent combination of education and related working experience in the field of logistics, footwear and/or apparel
- Minimum 2 years working experience, preferably in a Supply Chain Management function
- We welcome other relevant experience or a combination of education and experience in place of formal education or a degree.
- Experience in ERP/WMS systems. Preferably SAP
- Competent user in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Power Point applications
- Advanced user in Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in English (oral and written)