PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANIZATION:
- Ensure that the Footwear Sourcing strategy fully meets brand requirements by translating their needs and future trends into supplier facing capability requirements.
- Develop, evolve, and implement supplier management tools to ensure achievement of Footwear Sourcing Strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities to enhance Footwear Sourcing service level to the brands.
- Understand brand requirements, Global Operations, and Sourcing strategies and priorities and able to translate those into sourcing & supplier specific requirements.
- Drive supplier facing strategy framework and ensure alignment among Country of Origins, other global functions, and suppliers to deliver brand needs now and in the future.
- Ensure that the strategy framework reflects actions, timelines and responsibilities from a supply base perspective to enable proper implementation.
- Constantly evolve the strategy framework and communication tools (content and mean of communication) in accordance with changing priorities and brand requirements to ensure that the framework is well understood throughout the organization.
- Analyse organizational performance (e.g. Supplier Key Performance Indicators, business operations & efficiency), forecast operational risks, and work within the sourcing organization and other global functions on issue resolution.
- Drive the bi-annual coordination and compilation of supplier and category business profile and fact book to support the quarterly and/or bi-annual strategy meetings with these key stakeholders.
- Act as process owner for all policies and procedures impacting Footwear Sourcing, drive policy changes with the LO’s, other sourcing divisions and GOPS functions, and ensure proper implementation and operations of these in the LO’s.
- Manage projects and priorities as defined by Head of Sourcing Operations Footwear.
- Works across functions as a representative of Footwear Sourcing to identify and solve issues that are posing obstacles to the business.
- Uses the internet, industry publications or other media to keep abreast of current events likely to impact fundamental sourced strategy and suggest preventive measures to address potential issues.KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Country Managers
- Local offices and Suppliers
- Apparel and A&G Sourcing Operations
- Other Global Operations functions
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical, quantitative and project management skills
- Strong track records in operational improvements projects
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, able to communicate at senior management level
- People Management skills
- Technical knowledge of Footwear industry and manufacturing methods a plus
- Advanced knowledge of standard software applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in EnglishREQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree
- Minimum 6 years working experience in operational, sourcing, manufacturing, or strategic project management areas
- Cross functional expertise in product development, costing, and/or planning a bonus