Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Develop and support Consumer Experience Visual Merchandising Concept adaptations & iterations for APAC, in close collaboration with the Market and Country teams to ensure the brand adidas consumer experience in the region reflects the consumer and market distribution needs following a global guidance towards a consumer centric brand experience for all physical retail touchpoints across channels (Own Retail, Franchising and Wholesale).
This role is responsible for supporting the Market team withflawless execution of concepts & formats VM (hyper-localization), according to our Creative/Brand leadership & principles, resulting in world class consumer experience.
- Support external agencies (visual presentation specialists; software agencies) for adaptations & Iterations specific for APAC, including required principles and guidelines.
- Support the market roll-out relevant teams to create clear requirements and development of guidelines, structure and positioning for markets to execute concept VM, whilst ensuring continued alignment to brand objectives and positioning (following defined global/local framework and operating model)
- Create and document input for concept VM adaptations and iterations are captured from the Market based on defined VM pre-requisites and align back with the market on final outcome following defined interaction model between market, HUB and Global.
- Create and develop all Concept visual merchandising training and compliance tools ensuring global consistency.
- Create, develop and support training, communication & best practice processes into the market place to ensure global consistency and excellence in execution at the point of sale.
- Support monitoring the retail industry (brick and mortar, wholesale and digital) for best practices to understand the trends andconceptualize new methods or processes whenever required.
- Analyse and document industry leading innovations in VM and ensure commerciality of VM adaptations & Iterations in line with Market expectations, Consumer Experience expectations and Brand aspirations.Position visual merchandising as a profit center contributor.
- Collaborate with all HUB teams as well as global brand design team in APAC and globally whenever required.
- Follow area objectives & priorities and ensure training to market place including a communication loop for implementation learning and further enhancements.
- Manage own projects and tasks requiring in depth knowledge and judgment within concept VM and ensure alignment between HUB team and Market team. This alignment should also be ensured globally whenever required.
- Self-initiate assignments with emphasis on strategic, commercial and tactical focus
- Any additional projects or tasks defined by the line manager
- Global Consumer Experience teams
- Global Brand Design
- Brand Marketing BU’s and Brand Communications teams
- Brand Activation teams
- Omni Chanel Marketing team
- Merchandising team
- Sales Strategy & Excellence
- Market Store Development, VM & ISC, Merchandising, Marketing, Sales , HR, IT, Finance, DBC
- External Agencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fully qualified and experienced in retail Visual Merchandising, combining theoretical with practical experience.
- Strong interest in new retail environment / concept creation and development
- Strong organisation skills and flexibility.
- Specialist in technical skills.
- Proven track record in project management.
- English fluent: verbal, written & spoken. Another European language is an advantage.
- IT: Microsoft Office advanced.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Business or Marketing Degree.
- 4-6 years’ experiencein retail visual merchandising including fashion retailing.
- 1+ years working with Global markets or 1+ years working in a top tier adidas market.