Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The purpose of this role is to explore various internal and external data sources, integrate those data sources and prepare data for the consumption in advanced analytics. This will happen in the context of the creation of an integrated analytical data model connecting the dots between data sources like BI, CRM, Social, Clickstream, Campaign Management, etc. The senior data engineer will have e2e ownership from the acquisition of the data through defined interfaces until integrated exposure in the analytical data model.
Are you looking for…?
- Being part of our team that delivers unseen Insights generated from Data
- Creating the data backbone powering Analytics and AI solutions that put decision making on the next level in our mission critical processes like SCM, Product Creation, Demand Forecasting, Pricing, Brand Campaign design and many other areas
- Being a technical thought leader and strategic advisor in the space of data architecture, advanced data management and analytics
- A young, sport-friendly, informal and diverse working environment. Meet people coming from more than 70 different countries
- Flexible working environment, flexible working hours, and good work life balance… with a strong focus on fun at work
- Competitive salary and benefits including a huge discount on adidas and Reebok products
What are we looking for?
- Someone with a passion for data who can share their knowledge and best practices with peers
- A developer able to create state of the art data capabilities for our BI and AI applications
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on data engineering experience
- An expert in database technologies (SQL, in-memory), Big Data frameworks (Hadoop, Spark), advanced data modelling, cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) as well as real-time (Kafka) and batch data integration frameworks
- Experienced in algorithms, especially in the field of AI and machine learning
- Experienced in software engineering best practices (design patterns, test-driven development and clean code)
- Customer/Product focused DevOps mindset and hands-on experience of CI/CD workflows
- Experienced in Agile/Scrum methodologies and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Someone who is comfortable talking about technical topics with business people and business topics with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences