Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
GBS, the engine that designs, builds and operates consistent adidas end-to-end business services & solutions globally to drive the transformation TO ONE ADIDAS enabling our Business Partners to focus on core business.
GBS prioritizes executing transitions, process and solution roadmaps. Implementing one service framework, performance measurements and GBS customer board. Furthermore GBS is driving the implementation of robotics process automation (RPA).
It is the overarching goal to move the adidas Group to a much more consistent, standardized and automated operating model with solid governance, architecture and operating model
The O2C stream is one of five global streams who is designing and implementing end to end services & solutions as Global Process Owner (GPO). GPO’s can effectively cross-collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define the current and future state of adidas business and its processes, identifying issues and risks, suggesting mitigation strategies and driving towards technology solutions.
GBS Operations operate by executing Global Process Owner services and solutions.
O2C collaborates with the stakeholders in adidas to create a customer journey that exceeds the expectations of the customer & consumer.
Scope of O2C:
Credit- and collection management
Customer master data
Retail & E-COM cash reconciliation
* = These processes are driven by other functions – the O2C process excellence team supports these functions to create a robust end-to-end process.
Key Responsibilities and General Accountabilities:
- Analyze, develop new and adjust existing end to end processes/ services, standards or operational plans, and deliver results with direct impact on O2C stream, other streams and markets.
- Significantly contribute to the GBS priorities, KPI’s, OKR and overall GBS roadmap
- Manage transformation initiatives including GAP analysis related to the GBS operation centers/markets and provide process competency with a specific focus on O2C
- Design, develop and implement process standardization, harmonization, automation, RPA, AI by applying the 6-2-1 Methodology
- Manage and execute processimprovement initiatives on demand (e.g. build of a bad debt provision process, create a harmonized cash remittance process)
- Manage and execute new O2C systems/ technology/methodology roadmap and process change, upskill, train and execute (i.e. BSR, ARIBA and High Radius, Concur)
- Contribute to selection of tools, techniques and systems according to architectural requirements and demands
- Identify improvement potential, problems and feasibility of process change with stakeholders through variance analysis and effective usage of data, create transparency on priorities, develop solutions/ processes/ deliverables and facilitate recommendations for fact-based decisions ending into regular continuous improvements.
- Support standardized reporting, measurements, KPI and ad hoc analysis in line with SLA’s together with Delivery Excellence team securing quality, timeliness, compliance and productivity of services and processes
- Lead medium – large sized projects with the respective profound process and technical knowledge within the boundaries of time, cost & quality, focusing on the customers expectations, implement results and ensure sustainability of solution.
- Use and recommend project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects
- Provide comprehensive expertise for O2C areas in line with latest taxonomy/ activity split, processes and technology towards operational and market finance teams
- Possess full ownership of O2C processes and act as a subject matter expert
- Contribute to the definition of policies, accounting standards and guidelines for process improvement
- Manage, drive and adapt Group Finance Manual (including IFRS) into GBS operations centers and non GBS markets to secure standardization while ensuring compliance
- Support the internal controls process and advice on improvement areas
- Partner and collaborate as business partner with operations center, Corporate Finance, Senior Management and market finance within the assigned area of responsibility, understanding customer needs and requirements (i.e. accounting, financial reporting, policy group finance manual interpretation, data governance/principles)
- Take responsibility for understanding stakeholder requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis, problem resolution and recommending options
- Enable O2C change management through design and delivery of prototype tools, with other functions and streams to operationalize accordingly
- Master the full cycle of advanced data analyses: from understanding/framing the business need to embed your deliverables into operational processes
- Lead together with business process stakeholders the analysis of master data processes, proposing relevant improvements and facilitating the successful implementation
- Provide comprehensive expertise for operational processes or (master) data related queries with your expert knowledge
- Ensure standardized data management processes and drive data quality improvement actions
- Develop and implement adequate communication packages to present derived results, recommendations and solutions
- Manage compliance and global process guidance
- Coach, guide and develop assigned team members
- GBS SVP, VP
- GBS O2C Director
- Global GPO O2C, S2P, Controlling and Reporting, H2R
- Operational O2C Teams in Operations Centers
- GBS Global Governance
- Corporate Finance, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Treasury & Taxes
- Support Functions, i.e. IT
- Other business function: Global Operations, Brand Marketing, Sales (Wholesale/Retail/e-com), HR
- Finance markets
- External system providers/ consulters
- External contacts/ corporates for knowledge sharing and trends
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience and understanding of GBS / Shared Service environments
- Deep understanding of GBS processes
- Holistic end-to-end thinker
- Understanding of the consumer goods industry
- Understanding of the relevant O2C sub-processes
- Experience in process design, process mapping, improving process quality, process review and compliance
- Experience of digital transformation including Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Deep and broad SAP FI/CO knowledge
- Ability to apply continuous process improvement concepts and tools
- Willingness to travel
- High degree of customer orientation
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Excellent communication skills and an international mindset
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactically
- Excellent analytical mindset
- Cross functional and cross GPO mindset
- Familiarity with project management, strong planning and organization skills, and ability to work and deliver in changing environments, under limited guidance while adhering to specified deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Understand the purpose and benefits of modelling as subject matter expert and contributes to usage of knowledgebase
- Ability to coach, guide and manage teams in a trustful and proficient manner
- Ability to provide a clear framework for performance to team
- Result orientation and pro-activity
- Identify the appropriate stakeholders for your area of work and manage these relationships to meet stakeholders’ business needs and align expectations.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degreein Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combinations of educations
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant work experience in finance functions
- Understanding of accounting processes
- Experience in data management
- Ideally multiple years of experiences in shared service center organizations
- Strong understanding & knowledge of regional and global market landscape and the respective customer
- Project management experience