PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANIZATION:
The role of the Technology Consultant is responsible for the planning, installing and for the configuration of software solutions and systems. It is capable to support employees with specific applications and provides expert advisory. The role analyzes information systems of adidas and individualizes specific system solutions to meet the demand of the business.
- Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organisation’s planning and operations.
- Recognises and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
- Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
- Provides Tech & Business expertise in SAP (AFS) SD related processes and brings along x-functional knowledge towards MM and FI/CO module.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
- Works with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Contributes to selection of the business analysis methods, tools and techniques for projects; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Brings along strong business process understanding in the O2C (Order-to-Cash) & Supply Chain area.
REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION AND MANAGEMENT
- Contributes to selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritisation of requirements.
- Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Establishes the requirements base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source.
- Investigates, manages, and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Translates complex SAP SD specific business requirements into system solutions.
- Assists in the configuration of software and equipment and the systems testing of platform- specific versions of one or more software products.
- Documents faults, implements resolutions and retests to agreed standards.
- Provides profound hands-on SAP SD expertise for configuring system related changes in the sales order management, allocation, delivery note creation, invoicing, reverse logistics, customer master & credit management area.
- Owns & drives solution design under consideration of end-2-end system impact (including outbound & inbound interfaces) and has a very strong focus on standardization & harmonization.
- Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures.
- Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
- Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Considers operational requirements already during solution design.
- Drives issue resolution & escalations in the SAP SD area if required.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 7-year experience in IT andconsultancy experience in SAP SD module (SAP AFS knowledge is a plus).
- Strong cross-functional SAP knowledge towards MM and FI/CO module.
- Very strong understanding of tech & business processes in the “Sales and Distribution” area including outbound & inbound interfaces.
- Strong understanding & knowledge of regional and global market landscape and the respective customer
- Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects