PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION
Managing, planning and analyzing the administrative and operational aspects of all benefit plans including health and welfare, retirement, and leave of absence programs while delivering excellent customer service and quality benefit plans to all employees. Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Company benefit programs including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, leave of absence, and retirement plans to ensure consistency with plan documents and provider contracts. The leave of absence programs include short and long-term disability, federal and state protected leave, company leave, and workers compensation. This individual will assist employees in resolving benefit issues, administer leave of absences, and act as a liaison with vendors and SPARC corporate office. This role will be based out of our Boston office.
- Implement and administer all the benefit programs, policies, and procedures for employees based in the U.S., awareness of local policies / addendums / approaches in the benefits area.
- Manage administration of leave of absence plans including state disability and company voluntary disability plans.
- Manage worker’s compensation claims, leaves and return to work, for Reebok stores, corporate office, and field personnel, in partnership with HR and SPARC corporate office, in compliance with OSHA and state regulations.
- Assist in procedures relating to benefit plan compliance with federal, state, provincial and local regulations, including, but not limited to, HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA.
- Identify and lead implementation of solutions that will support our overall sport and fitness culture including employee wellness.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal partners and external benefit carriers, vendors, and consultants.
- Assist in the development of communication materials in accordance with legal requirements and ensure timely and appropriate delivery of communications.
- Maintain expert knowledge of benefit laws/regulations and guidance of internal procedure to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Assist in the administration and execution of the benefits communication strategy on an annual basis, including Annual Enrollment, benefit booklets, wellness, and summary plan descriptions.
- Manage Benefits mailbox; answer employee questions and help resolve problems related to benefits.
- Support plan compliance with applicable government regulations, including but not limited to timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
- Partner with SPARC corporate office to process vendor premiums on a monthly basis, including researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Liaison with HRIS and perform internal benefits queries and reporting.
- Participates in benefit-related national benchmarking studies.
- Serve as a back-up for 401(k) Plan administration.
- Evaluate and analyze the results of the benefit programs and services regularly and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Track issues and exceptions and communicate policy changes/recommendations to the benefits team and back to the HR community
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Inclusive mind-set and experience in multicultural environments/organizations
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Strong project management skills
- Strong financial acumen to handle a very large and complicated benefits budget
- Proven ability to deliver benefits structure that meets employees and company’s needs
- Experience as internal benefits expert
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of employees
- Ability to work independently
- High level of affinity to and experience with HRIS systems and interdependencies, ideally with Dayforce/Ceridian
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office applications with emphasis on intermediate to advanced Excel skills
EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of pertinent employment laws including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, Section 125 and ACA.
- 5 years of experience in benefits administration
- Technical knowledge of benefit laws and regulations
- Detail-oriented with analytical mindset to research data, identify corrective action, and work with multiple parties for timely resolution
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills with the ability to handle sensitive employee issues in a highly confidential manner
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team-based and fast-paced environment